First established in 1820, the commune of Mironeasa is located in the south of the county of Iasi, approximately 40 km from the main city, also called Iasi.
Mironeasa is situated in the Brusturet valley surrounded by hills and plateaus, and Sarmatian sandstone quarries.
As in most areas of Moldavia, the main attractions are the monasteries built in ancient times. In Mironeasa the nineteenth century church is noted for its unusual architecture in the form of ships.
The nearby Hadambu monastery, built in 1659, is known especially for the many sacred objects held there.